First of all, I realize it's been a loooong time since I posted here. As much as I like to think I can blog daily, it never seems to happen that way. However, I figure now is a good as time as any to get started again, seeing as I'm jobless and stuck at home for the time-being.
So, Sweet Home Alabama, indeed. Did you also know there's a song called Sweet Home Chicago? LOL I would hope most people know that, although it just dawned on me the other day how ironic that the 2 most polar opposite states have a song with the same title. Alabama is the true South, in my opinion. I am a true Chicagoan, through and through, so you can imagine what it's like for this Midwest girl to adjust to the new Southern style of living. I would compare it to small-town living, but that's only because where I come from there are more people per square foot than probably any other city in the country. I know it will just take some time (I hope) for me to really feel more comfortable, but for right now I'm feeling slightly out of place.
Since my arrival this past weekend, we've spent most the time unpacking and arranging our very nice home here on Fort Rucker. Rucker is actually quite nice, and the neighborhood so far is quiet, and nothing like the horror stories I've heard from others. I will post pics soon. We went to the Enterprise library yesterday, and yes, it was a far cry from the awesome library in Schaumburg that I used to frequent back in Illinois. I'm hoping to try another library this week, in Dothan, as that one seems to have many more new books. Unfortunately, Dothan is a good 45 min away, but it's the nearest "big" city to us. Reading is going to help keep my sanity till I find a job though, so I will make the trek anyway.
Thanksgiving is next week, and I'm still not sure what we're going to do. Initially, we thought of possibly visiting friends, but Jason doesn't have many leave days left and we need to save some for when Avery visits next month. I'm sure I'll have some interesting posts once he is here, as he is quite an active little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment