Saturday, January 10, 2009

Waitin' on pins and needles

Jason called this morning to say he should be arriving here tomorrow afternoon. Just a short time later, he called again to say "scratch that, reverse it" (he didn't really say that, but can you guess who did), the Army changed its mind (imagine that) and he'd MAYBE be in tomorrow night. Aaargh!! This wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact my sailor co-worker is on leave this week and it will be hard for me to get away. Hopefully he just arrives late tomorrow night, and I don't have to worry about getting him on Monday.

I was also worried about the snow. Snow continued to fall into the afternoon today, and I think we ended with a total of around 8-9 inches. I am SO sick of snow!!! We've gotten so much already this winter, enough to last me a lifetime. I'm glad it finally stopped, because I do not want to have delays once he gets to the States.

I'm getting really nervous and excited now. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! I'm the type of person who doesn't really get excited until just hours before something is going to happen. Just please cross your fingers for us that he gets in sometime on Sunday, so we at least have a little time together before I go to work. Otherwise, I'll probably have to pick him up on Monday, and then go back to work!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope he gets home real soon for you!!! Still haven't received my package of snow! :P

    ReplyDelete